Celebrate Small Business Saturday and join Ashland for the 2nd Annual Brunch & Browse event!
Saturday, November 26, 2016 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Guests are invited to visit seven “brunch” location at their leisure and sample featured menu items, while “browsing” the stores of local merchants where they can fill up a reusable Brunch & Browse shopping tote!
Featured restaurants for the second annual event are:
- Alma’s Italian
- Elite Catering
- Fat Patty’s
- Ruth’s Cupcakes & Luncheonette
- Superhero Creamery
- The Ambassador
Restaurant sampling will be observed from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. A door prize giveaway and closing reception will be held at the Pendleton Art Center at 4:30 p.m.
- Ticket sales begin Monday, October 31.
- Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at participating downtown restaurants and Mossy Bottom Bean and Barbeque in Catlettsburg, KY.
- Pre-sale tickets are $15; day of event tickets are $20.
- Day of event tickets may be purchased at the Pendleton Art Center.
- Ticket sales for the second annual event are limited to 300.
Tickets grant participants access to the following:
- Restaurant sampling
- Reusable Brunch & Browse shopping bag courtesy of Print My Threads
- Event guide/business directory courtesy of The Gallaher Group
- Door prize entry for the chance to win a number of items donated by locally-owned Ashland businesses. Door prize items range in value from $25 to $100.
Proceeds from the tickets sales will sponsor future Ashland in Motion events and revitalization efforts.
2nd Annual Brunch & Browse is hosted by Ashland Alliance, Ashland Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, Ashland in Motion, Bridges Magazine, and Morehead State University Small Business Development Center.
Participants may begin the event at the Pendleton Art Center where they will receive event wristbands, guides, and shopping bags.
Small Business Saturday:
Small Business Saturday is a concept that was branded by American Express and launched as a national campaign in 2010. The shopping holiday falls each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, serving as a counterpart to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The initiative encourages shoppers to support small and local businesses during the holiday shopping season.
Photos from 2015’s Brunch & Browse: