First Friday and Downtown Live
First Friday and Downtown Live 2016 season begins Friday, April 1!
First Friday is a monthly event that celebrates Ashland’s historic Arts District, downtown galleries, musicians, restaurants and retailers. First Friday coincides with Downtown Live, Ashland in Motion’s classic car show, and community members really come out in droves to show off their rad rides!
On the first Friday of every month, the community gathers downtown to be treated to live music, special events and vendors, activities for kids, in addition to all of the local retailers and restaurants who join in on the First Friday fun, too!
First Friday and Downtown Live occur on the first Friday of every month, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. First Friday and Downtown Live season is April through October (with the exception of July).
Are you the proud owner of a classic car? Downtown Live is the perfect venue to show off your vintage vehicle and connect with area car enthusiasts! Participating is easy: simply bring your car downtown between 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. on the First Friday of every month and park in the designated Downtown Live area. Downtown Live volunteers will be on deck to help out, answer questions, and collect registration fees.
Registration is only $5 and is optional, although registration fees fund future AIM events and benefit other area non-profits. Registration also enters Downtown Live participants into monthly raffles for exciting door prizes!
Eastern Kentucky Outdoor Weekend
2nd annual Eastern Kentucky Outdoor Weekend is June 3, 4, & 5, 2016
Kickoff the weekend with a special First Friday on June 4!
Follow the link below to find out more about Eastern Kentucky Outdoor Weekend, partnering organizations, events, and local outdoor amenities.
Downtown Ashland’s craft beer festival is ‘firkin’ back for round two on Saturday, June 18, 2016!
Tickets go on sale April 1, so grab them before they’re gone! Only 1,200 general admission tickets and 150 VIP tickets are available for purchase.
Buy tickets at Continental Liquors, Ashland Beverage Center or online RIGHT HERE!
Check back soon for detailed Firkin Fest beer list and announcement of Firkin Fest entertainment!
Saturday, June 18, 2016
Downtown Ashland, Kentucky
1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
VIP Admission: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
General Admission: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
General admission tickets: $25
VIP tickets: $50
VIP admission ticket admission includes:
- Early and exclusive VIP admission before general admission (1 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
- 10 craft beer tasting tickets
- VIP stage seating
- Free Firkin Fest t-shirt
- Guaranteed sample of the festival’s featured firkin!
General Admission ticket purchase includes:
- 10 craft beer tasting tickets
Admission to Firkin Fest is free to guests who wish to be excluded from the craft beer tasting. In addition to craft beer tasting, the festival includes local food vendors, live music, and activities for kids!
Each craft beer tasting ticket grants guests a 3oz tasting of a craft beer of their choosing and an official Firkin Fest mini mug!
Firkin Fest guests may purchase an addition three (3) craft beer tasting tickets for only $10
WHAT THE FIRK?
- Last year, nearly 750 people attended the inaugural Firkin Fest, which was the first outdoor, craft beer festival to ever take place in downtown Ashland, Kentucky!
- A firkin is special container or cask used to serve “real ale,” which is the name for beer brewed from traditional ingredients.
- Firkin is derived from the Middle Dutch word vierdekijn, which means “fourth.”
- A firkin actually refers to a specific measurement that is used for serving cask-conditioned ale.
- When you drink Real Ale from a firkin, you are drinking beer as it was consumed hundreds of years ago, prior to the industrialization and mass marketing of beer.
- Beer served from a firkin is unpasteurized, never filtered, contains all of its natural ingredients and is the purest form of beer.
Interested in sponsoring the 2nd annual Firkin Fest? Click here for sponsorship details and opportunities.