First Friday 2018 Season
First Friday is downtown Ashland’s monthly block party! Meet up with friends and family the first Friday of each month for live music, classic car show, art and activities. Dine at downtown’s local eateries and shop extended hours at unique boutiques and specialty stores!
First Friday music sponsored by Town Square Bank
Connect with Town Square Bank
“The Local Lender”
2018 First Friday Schedule
- Friday, April 6: “Superheroes!”
- Musical Guest: Rob McNurlin
- Friday, May 4: “Hometown Spirit”
- Festival of Fitness co-hosted by Healthy Choices, Healthy Communities
- Musical Guest: Wiley Dew
- Friday, June 1: “Star Wars Night” co-hosted by Imperial Legion
- Musical Guest: Creek Don’t Rise
- Friday, August 3: “Stay Cool with Kool Hits Splash Zone” co-hosted by Kool Hits
- “8th Annual Night Moves 5K” hosted by Ashland in Motion
- Musical Guest: Outrider
- Friday, September 7: “4th Annual Girl Scout Block Party” co-hosted by Girl Scouts of Kentucky’s Wilderness
- Green Dot Awareness co-hosted by Pathways
- Musical Guest: The Sugar Beats
- Friday, October 5: “First Fright-Day” (Downtown Trick-or-Treat)
- Musical Guest: The Julie Reeves Band
Follow AIM on Facebook to learn more!
First Friday Beer Garden
The First Friday Beer Garden will be buzzing with live music and a First Friday menu featuring domestics, wine, and specialty drinks. The First Friday Beer Garden is co-hosted by Fat Patty’s and is located on 15th St. next door to Fat Patty’s restaurant.
The First Friday Beer Garden is pet and family friendly!
Classic Car Show
Co-hosted by Coalition for the Cure of Parkinson’s Disease
Drive for a Cause!
Are you the proud owner of a classic car? First Friday is the perfect venue to show off your vintage vehicle and connect with area car enthusiasts! Participating is easy: simply bring your car downtown beginning at 3 p.m. on the first Friday of every month and park in the designated event area. First Friday volunteers will be on deck to help out, answer questions, and collect registration fees.
Registration is a $5 donation, which aids Ashland in Motion initiatives and the Coalition for the Cure of Parkinson’s Disease. Registration also enters participants into monthly raffles for exciting door prizes!
Coalition for the Cure of Parkinson’s Disease is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization — VISIT WEBSITE HERE!
First Friday Vendor Opportunities
Interested in becoming a First Friday vendor? Here are the facts:
- Vendors must be a supporting member of Ashland in Motion — CLICK HERE for more information about Ashland in Motion annual membership
- Vendors must obtain and bring proof of a temporary or annual City of Ashland business license. Information regarding business licenses may be found here: ashlandky.gov/business/business_licenses.php
- Food vendors must contact the Boyd County Health Department Environmental Services at least 30 days prior to event. Information regarding BCHD Environmental Services may be found here: www.abchdkentucky.com/environmental
- Vendors are responsible for bringing their own setup items (tables, pop-up tents, chairs, etc.)
For more information regarding First Friday vendor opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 606.571.1244
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Ashland Boyd County Tourism Bureau
BC Tool & Party Rental
Boyd County Public Library
City of Ashland
Coalition for the Cure of Parkinson’s Disease
Don Hall GM Supercenter
First Presbyterian Church
Highlands Museum & Discovery Center
Kool Hits 105.7
Members Choice Credit Union
My Town TV
O’Reilly Auto Parts
Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
Town Square Bank