Downtown Ashland event Feb. 10, 2018
The Super Bowl may be over, but the game is just heating up! Sample biscuit and gravy dishes from seasoned pros and home cookin’ all-stars on Saturday, February 10, 2018!
Saturday, February 10, 2018
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
1701 Central Avenue
Ashland, KY 41101
The Gravy Bowl features biscuit and gravy sampling, a bar stocked with brunch staples, and football games and challenges. The Gravy Bowl is hosted by Ashland in Motion and all proceeds benefit future events and revitalization efforts. Bet your biscuits that The Gravy Bowl will be a touchdown event!
- Admission is open to the public. Biscuit and gravy tasting is redeemed through ticket purchase.
- Tasting tickets may be purchases on-site the day of the event.
- Tasting tickets are $1 for an individual ticket or six (6) tickets for $5
Is your gravy the best in the game? Does your breakfast recipe make em’ cry Hail Mary? Get your gravy in the game and see how it measures up on the playing field!
- Entries will be judged in each category by a panel of gravy experts and hungry linebackers. Entries will be judged according to taste, presentation and originality. Winners will receive a trophy in each category.
- Divisions for entry are as follows: “Seasoned Pro” and “Home Cookin’ All-Star”
- Only one chef will walk away with the coveted “People’s Choice Award” voted by, you guessed it, the people!
- Does your gravy have grit? Gravy makers who display the most spirit, showmanship and best décor will win the “Biscuit Blitz” award!
- Country Gravy (rich and creamy – skip the meat!)
- Sawmill Gravy (give us all the meats!)
- Freestyle Gravy (anything goes!)
- $25 initial entry
- $10 for each additional entry
- All gravy must be cooked on site.
- Participants must arrive at the event venue no later than 8 a.m.
- Participants are responsible for supplying heating and cooking instruments/utensils and metal stem thermometers.
- Please prepare at least one gallon of gravy for guests to sample. (Don’t let your gravy be the one that got away – the more gravy the better!)
- Participants must distribute sample-sized portions and be prepared to talk to guests about the dish.
- All food items used in the preparation of gravy must be store bought. All meats must be USDA inspected and labels must be retained for proof.
- Participants are encouraged to feature “add-on” items such as sausage links/patties, bacon, hash browns, etc., in exchange for extra tasting tickets.
- Monetary exchanges between participants and guests is prohibited. All transactions must be represented by a tasting ticket.
- Hand washing stations, gloves, hair restraints, and tables will be provided.
- Biscuits will be provided.
- Participants are encouraged to decorate their table, provide signage and display business materials such as cards, brochures, menus, etc., if applicable.
Follow this link for a PDF download of health and safety requirements:ASHLAND-BOYD COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Registration:DOWNLOAD GRAVY BOWL REGISTRATION PDF